Saturday, March 10, 2012

Where did Dragon Age: Origins get it's peerage titles from?

The titles Arl, Bann, and Teyrn are what I'm referring to. I assumed there are 3 possibilities: 1. They are foreign titles of nobility. 2. They are foreign titles of nobility in a different language. 3. Bioware was tired of the typical titles of nobility and decided to make their own where power is determined less by nobility and more by Battle and Strategy.Where did Dragon Age: Origins get it's peerage titles from?
It would appear that they came up with their own titles.Where did Dragon Age: Origins get it's peerage titles from?
Yes, I thought they did a great job making up the titles as they sounded so authentic. I thought Arl was rather close to Earl or Jarl (which is the Norwegian equivalent) and seemed similar in context. Bann reminded me of Knight Banneret but that didn't seem nearly as close in terms of meaning. (-:

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment